It's right for you if...
You're testing the waters of off-road riding, and want a real mountain bike at a great value, with a wide range of gears to cover more ground on the road and trail.
The tech you get
The heart of Marlin 6 is a lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminum frame with internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look. It has an efficient 2x8 drivetrain, hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes, and a suspension fork with 100mm of travel and a lockout feature that lets you temporarily lock the suspension for better efficiency while climbing.
The final word
Performance features like suspension lockout, stronger double-walled rims, and hydraulic disc brakes. It's also equipped with rack and kickstand mounts and a wide range of gears. These design details make it a great choice if your mountain bike doubles as your commuter.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The 2x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Smaller frame sizes (XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- It has separate brake and shift levers (a feature that's common on more expensive mountain bikes) so you can fine-tune the positioning for comfort
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it's backed by Trek's lifetime warranty
You might also like
Internal cable routing
We route shift and brake cables through the frame to keep things clean and simple. And it looks great, too.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedaling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
Extended size range
A wider range of sizes than the industry standard provides more option for everyone, from tallest to shortest and all those in between. Because everyone deserves a great ride.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
Alpha Silver Aluminum
Our proprietary lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded to a single wall thickness for durable performance.
- Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5mm QR
- SR Suntour XCT 30, coil spring, preload, hydraulic lockout, 51mm offset for 29" wheel, 100mm QR, 100mm travel
- Front hub
- Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100mm QR
- Rear hub
- Formula DC-22, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, 135x5mm QR
- Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20mm width, schrader valve
- Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.20"
- Shimano Altus M315, 8 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Altus M315, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Altus M310
- Shimano M315, 36/22
- Bottom bracket
- VP BC73, 73mm, threaded cartridge
- Shimano HG31, 11-34, 8 speed
- KMC Z8.3, 8 speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, steel rails
- Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise
- Bontrager XR Endurance Comp, lock-on
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree
- Semi-integrated, 1-1/8"
- Tektro HD-M276 hydraulic disc, short reach lever
- M - 14.41 kg / 31.77 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|