It's right for you if...
You're new to the trail, and you're looking for a great value on a real mountain bike that can double as a commuter. You also side with women who prefer the fit and feel of a bike with touchpoints designed specifically for them.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminum frame with a sloping top tube on smaller sizes (XS and S) for better standover height and more confidence on the trail, plus internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look. Women's Specific Design touchpoints like the saddle, bars, and grips, 21 speeds, a wide range of gearing for big hills, hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes, and a suspension fork with 100mm of travel.
The final word
A trail-tough mountain bike designed for women. It's built in Trek's MTB heritage, making it more than capable of taking on trail adventures. But it's also versatile, and Marlin 5 Women's is a popular ride on college campuses because the rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize and haul a load.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It's a real mountain bike that's also perfectly suited to daily commutes, rides around campus, or just getting from A to B on any surface
- Smaller frame sizes (XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- Marlin Women's models in XS and S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it's backed by Trek's lifetime warranty
You might also like
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (XS and S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. The larger frames (M and ML) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Fit for every rider
Marlin comes in seven frame sizes to suit riders of any height, and Smart Wheel Size ensures you’re on the fastest wheel that fits. The smallest sizes even come with short-reach brake levers and narrower handlebars that give smaller riders better comfort and control.
High tech, high value
Marlin looks and feels great. It’s packed with features usually found only on more expensive bikes, like a stylish frame with internal cable routing, which can help your cables last longer by protecting them from the elements.
Rear kickstand mount
Chainstay mounts make it easy to install a rear kickstand that stays out of your way and supports bikes of all sizes. No more laying or leaning.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
- Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5mm QR
- SR Suntour XCE 28, coil spring, preload, 100mm QR, 100mm travel
- Front hub
- Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100mm QR
- Rear hub
- Formula DC-27, alloy, 6-bolt, 7sp freehub, 135x5mm QR
- Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20mm width, schrader valve
- Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30tpi, 2.20"
- Shimano Altus M315, 7 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TY300, 34.9mm clamp, down swing, down pull
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TY300, long cage, 34T max cog
- Shimano Tourney TY301, 42/34/24
- Bottom bracket
- VP BC73, 73mm, threaded cartridge
- Shimano HG200, 12-32, 7 speed
- KMC Z7, 7 speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Ajna Women's
- Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise
- Bontrager XR Endurance Comp, lock-on
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree
- Semi-integrated, 1-1/8"
- Tektro HD-M276 hydraulic disc, short reach lever
- S - 13.88 kg / 30.59 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|