It's right for you if...
You're ready to get outside more, and want a hybrid bike with comfort-minded details, a wide range of gears for hills, powerful brakes, and enough versatility to conquer commutes, workouts, and more.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminum frame with a lowstep geometry that makes it especially easy to mount and dismount, a wide-range Shimano 24-speed drivetrain so you'll never have to pedal too hard or too soft, powerful hydraulic disc brakes for reliable all-weather stopping power, an adjustable stem, a padded saddle, wide tires for extra stability, and a road-smoothing suspension seatpost.
The final word
Verve 2 Disc Lowstep is a comfortable hybrid with impressive braking power and durable parts that will hold up mile after mile. It's a great bike for a range of recreational riders, from first-timers and commuters to veteran riders looking to get back into the saddle.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It has a host of design details that make a huge difference in comfort, like a suspension seatpost and adjustable stem
- Verve's upright geometry puts you in the perfect position to see the world around you
- This bike brings people together—attach a trailer and tow your kids, meet up with friends to cruise the bike path, or commute to the office with coworkers
- Disc brakes perform well in any weather, let you slow down or stop faster, and require less effort to activate than rim brakes
- Like every Trek hybrid, it's backed by Trek's Lifetime warranty, which means you get a companion for life
You might also like
DuoTrap S compatible
DuoTrap S integrates a Bluetooth®/ANT+ sensor into the frame. Log routes and track fitness progress on your computer or smart phone with no external sensor. Works with all major ANT+ wireless players, including Bontrager, Garmin, PowerTap, and SRM.
Rack & fender ready
Built-in mounts make it easy to add racks and fenders for added versatility.
Just the right amount of give to smooth out the bumps in the road at one of your most critical comfort points. Ahhhh.
Hydraulic disc brakes
Hydraulic disc brakes offer the absolute strongest stopping power in all conditions, including wet and muddy.
Easy-on, easy-off stepthrough frame is perfect for anybody not interested in slinging a leg over the top tube.
- Alpha Gold Aluminum, low-step design, DuoTrap S compatible, disc brake, rack & fender mounts, 135x5mm QR
- Alloy, disc, rack mounts, 415mm axle-to-crown, ThruSkew 5mm QR
- Front hub
- Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100mm QR
- Rear hub
- Formula DC22 alloy, 135x5mm QR
- Bontrager Connection, alloy, double-wall, 32-hole, schrader valve
- Bontrager H5, wire bead, 30 tpi, 700x45c
- Shimano Altus M310, 8 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TY710, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Altus M310
- Forged alloy, 48/38/28, chainguard
- Bottom bracket
- VP BC73, 68mm, threaded
- Shimano HG31, 11-32, 8 speed
- KMC Z7
- Bontrager Satellite City pedal
- Bontrager Boulevard
- Alloy, adjustable suspension, 27.2mm
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, comfort sweep
- Bontrager Satellite
- Bontrager alloy quill, 31.8mm clamp, adjustable rise, Blendr compatible
- 1-1/8" threadless, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings
- Tektro HD-M275 hydraulic disc, 160mm rotor
- S - 13.07 kg / 28.81 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
147.0 - 156.0 cm
4'9.9" - 5'1.4"
69.0 - 73.0 cm
27.2" - 28.7"
154.0 - 167.0 cm
5'0.6" - 5'5.7"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
174.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|