It's right for you if...
You want to get out and ride more, and you're looking for performance where it really counts: a lightweight frame, wide range of gearing, and strong wheels. You also want a great value, and the confidence of Trek's lifetime warranty.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminum frame with a geometry that's easier to mount and dismount, 21 speeds so there's always a right gear for your terrain, strong double-walled wheels, and mounts that make it easy to accessorize your ride with racks, fenders, lights, fitness trackers, a kickstand, and more!
The final word
FX 1 Stagger is a workhorse hybrid bike at a great value. It's built with a lightweight aluminum frame, performance parts that keep the price in check, and strong wheels built on double-walled rims. This hybrid is perfectly suited to a variety of uses, from casual riding to exercise and commutes.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It's versatile and does whatever you want it to do, whether that's riding for fitness, commuting, or cruising to the farmer's market to pick up groceries
- The stepthrough frame makes it easy to hop on and go, and hop off when your ride is over
- It's easy to accessorize with racks, a kickstand, fenders, lights, and more!
- You can pair FX with your smartphone and send your ride data to your favorite fitness app when you add DuoTrap S
- Like every Trek hybrid, it's backed by a lifetime warranty and supported by a wide network of retail partners
You might also like
Alpha Gold Aluminum frame
Our high-performance lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and weight saving.
DuoTrap S compatible
DuoTrap S integrates a Bluetooth®/ANT+ sensor into the frame. Log routes and track fitness progress on your computer or smart phone with no external sensor. Works with all major ANT+ wireless players, including Bontrager, Garmin, PowerTap, and SRM.
Rack & fender ready
Built-in mounts make it easy to add racks and fenders for added versatility.
Easy-on, easy-off stepthrough frame is perfect for anybody not interested in slinging a leg over the top tube.
- FX Alpha Gold Aluminum, Stagger type, DuoTrap S compatible, rack & fender mounts
- High-tensile steel w/lowrider mounts
- Front hub
- Formula FM21 alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula FM31 alloy
- Bontrager Connection, alloy, 32h
- Bontrager H2, 700x35c
- Shimano Altus EF500, 7 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TY51
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Altus M310
- Forged alloy, 48/38/28 w/chainguard
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- SunRace freewheel, 14-34, 7 speed
- KMC Z51
- Wellgo nylon platform
- Bontrager Sport
- Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager Riser, 25.4mm, 30mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite, ergonomic
- Bontrager alloy, 25.4mm, 15 degree
- 1-1/8˝ threadless, sealed cartridge bearings
- Tektro alloy linear-pull
- M - 12.33 kg / 27.19 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
154.0 - 167.0 cm
5'0.6" - 5'5.7"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
174.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|