It's right for you if...
You're planning to raise the next Tour de France winner, and you want to start training early! Learning to ride is a lot easier once you learn balance. Kickster is a balance bike that can help your kids skip the training wheels and go straight to a two-wheeler in no time.
The tech you get
Kickster has a lightweight aluminum frame with a super-easy stepthrough geometry that's perfectly designed for short legs. It's built with 12˝ wheels, a handle on the saddle so you can help your little one along, and a steering limiter so kids can't turn the front wheel all the way around or turn too quickly.
The final word
Kickster makes teaching little ones how to ride an absolute breeze. Unlike training wheels, this bike lets kids learn how to balance at a young age, so they'll be confident and comfortable on a big kid bike in no time.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Balance bikes are hugely popular for a reason: they work!
- This bike is a memory-maker: seeing your child ride their bike for the first time is something you'll never forget
- This bike is hand-me-down heaven: it's built to last, so younger siblings can inherit this bike and it'll still feel like new
- You shouldn't buy your kid's bike where you buy your cereal—Unlike big box brands, Trek kids' bikes are assembled by people who know bikes
You might also like
Alpha Aluminum frame
Trek’s high-performance Alpha Aluminum is shaped and tuned for unmatched ride quality.
Dialed for kids
Trek Dialed Fit components adjust along with growth spurts, so you can dial in the perfect fit for years to come.
- Dialed 12˝, high-tensile steel
- Front hub
- Rear hub
- 12˝ 20-hole alloy
- Innovia, 12x1.75˝
- Not included
- Dialed, integrated padded
- Integrated with saddle
- Dialed, one piece, integrated
- Dialed, Kraton
- Dialed, w/steering limiter
- 3.97 kg / 8.75 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 50 pounds (23 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
86.0 - 102.0 cm
2'9.9" - 3'4.2"
99.0 - 117.0 cm
3'3.0" - 3'10.1"
114.0 - 132.0 cm
3'8.9" - 4'4.0"
127.0 - 160.0 cm
4'2.0" - 5'3.0"
134.0 - 168.0 cm
4'4.8" - 5'6.1"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||Saddle rail height minimum (w/short mast)||Saddle rail height maximum (w/tall mast)|