It's right for you if...
Rugged terrain, wild trails, big adventures – this is the stuff that gets your heart racing. You're looking for an e-MTB with the major performance upgrade of a carbon frame, and you want a high-quality parts spec and suspension package to match.
The tech you get
A lightweight and trail-tough OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame that fully encases a long-range 500 Wh battery for great aesthetics and protection on the trail, a powerful Bosch Performance CX 250W drive system that helps you sustain speeds of up to 32 km/h and an ergonomic Purion controller. Plus, a 160 mm RockShox Yari RL fork with plush DebonAir spring, 150 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RL shock, Tubeless Ready Bontrager Line Comp 40 wheels, grippy 27.5+ mid-fat tyres, a dropper post, 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain and Shimano 4-piston hydraulic brakes for extra stopping power.
The final word
For all the performance advantages of Powerfly LT 9.7's trail-ready spec, it's the lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame that sets it apart from all others. It's lighter, faster and has the good looks worthy of a trail bike of this calibre.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame with alloy stays make for a bike that's light and trail-tough
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy to remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage – even on full suspension e-MTBs
- Longer travel suspension and 27.5+ mid-fat tyres are the perfect combination for traction, stability and capability on rough trails
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- It rides like a mountain bike because it is one: it has the same frame and suspension tech that we've refined in our decades-long trail heritage
Bosch Performance Line CX
Bosch's Performance Line CX motor is made specifically for off-road use with more torque and power for better acceleration. The intelligent eMTB mode automatically adjusts the amount of assist to match the terrain. It's a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power. You get optimum control, traction and battery life so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security or just easier charging.
Tubeless Ready rims and tyres make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats and less weight. The rim strips are already installed; just add TLR valves and sealant.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame, alloy stays, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armor, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12mm thru axle, 150mm travel
- RockShox Yari RL, DebonAir spring, Motion Control RL damper, tapered steerer, 51mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Lite, 160mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 205x57.5mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 40, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 27.5x2.80"
- SRAM NX Eagle single-click, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Race Face Aeffect, 15T
- SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, steel rails
- TranzX JD-YSP18, internal routing, 31.6mm
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm, Knock Block, 0 degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT520 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube, vertical, 500 wh
- Bosch Purion
- Bosch Performance CX, 250Watt, 75Nm, 20mph or 32km/h max assist
- M - 23.18 kg / 51.1 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|