It's right for you if...
You're new to the trail but have serious singletrack aspirations, and want a race-worthy mountain bike with touchpoints designed for women and upgrades on the parts that make a big difference in performance, like a higher-quality suspension fork.
The tech you get
The flagship model of the Marlin line-up has a lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminium frame with internal derailleur routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look, a high-quality RockShox fork with a lockout feature and 100 mm of travel, a 27-speed drivetrain and a low-profile Shimano Shadow rear derailleur that's made to avoid snagging on trail debris. The quality fork and parts make Marlin 7 Women's fully capable of taking on off-road marathon rides and XC races.
The final word
The RockShox suspension and wider range of gearing make it the best choice in the Marlin line-up for new mountain bikers who know that they want a serious bike for their money.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- All the value, plus all the versatility – it's a totally race-worthy mountain bike, with rear rack mounts if you use it for commuting too
- It's really fun to ride, and feels like a much more expensive mountain bike
- Marlin Women's models in 13.5˝ and 15.5˝ frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Like every Trek, it's backed by a lifetime warranty
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (13.5˝ and 15.5˝) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. The larger frames (17.5˝ and 18.5˝) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Internal cable routing
We route shift and brake cables through the frame to keep things clean and simple. And it looks great, too.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Extended size range
A wider range of sizes than the industry standard provides more options for everyone, from tallest to shortest and all those in between. Because everyone deserves a great ride.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone else's.
Alpha Silver Aluminium
Our proprietary lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded to a single-wall thickness for durable performance.
- Alpha Silver Aluminium, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5mm QR (lower standover on 13.5" and 15.5" sizes)
- Front suspension
- RockShox XC 30, coil spring, preload, TurnKey hydraulic lockout, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset on 29ers, 100 mm travel (13.5: 80 mm travel)
- Front hub
- Formula DC20 alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula DC22 alloy
- Bontrager Connection 32-hole double-walled
- Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20˝ front, 29x2.00˝ rear (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- Shimano Altus M2000, 9 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Altus M2000
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Acera M3000, Shadow
- Shimano MT100, 40/30/22
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge, 73 mm
- Shimano HG200, 11-34, 9-speed
- KMC X9
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Ajna 1 Women's
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise, 720 mm width (13.5, 15.5: 690 mm width)
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, Blendr compatible
- Head set
- 1-1/8˝ threadless, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings
- Brake set
- Tektro HD-275 hydraulic disc (13.5 & 15.5: Tektro HD-276 short reach lever)
- S - 13.65 kg / 30.09 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|