It's right for you if...
It's finally time to teach your little one to ride! You want to make it a great memory, so you're looking for a bike that's comfortable, durable and fun. Simplicity is key, and you want to be able to pop off the stabilisers easily when the time is right.
The tech you get
This kid-friendly bike has a handle integrated right into the saddle so you can help guide your child while they ride, plus a coaster brake and tool-less training wheels that can be installed and removed at the turn of a dial. Plus, the lightweight aluminium frame is easy to manoeuvre.
The final word
You want to make sure that your child's first bike is comfortable, durable and fun. Each of our bikes, all the way down to the smallest size, is built to our highest standards, so you can feel confident when you choose Trek for your family.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This bike is a memory-maker: seeing your child ride their bike for the first time is something you'll never forget
- This bike is hand-me-down heaven: it's built to last, so younger siblings can inherit this bike and it'll still feel like new
- You shouldn't buy your kid's bike where you buy your cereal – Unlike big box brands, Trek kids' bikes are assembled by people who know bikes
- You can replace the saddle's integrated handle with an integrated light mount when your child starts adventuring on their own
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it's easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
Alpha Aluminium frame
Trek's lightweight, high-performance aluminium is durable and rustproof.
Speed control is all in the legs for the little ones.
No gear shifting necessary, so beginners can learn balance and basic riding skills.
*spec applies to all sizes unless otherwise noted
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminium, 16" kids' frame size|
|Fork||Steel, 16", threadless 1" steerer|
|Front Hub||Steel, 100 mm bolt-on|
|Rear Hub||Coaster brake, 19T, 120 mm bolt-on|
|Rim||Alloy 16", 28-hole, Schrader valve|
|Spokes||14 g stainless steel|
|Tire||Bontrager XR1, wire bead, 27 tpi, 16x2.25"|
|Crank||Alloy, 26T, chainguard, 90 mm length|
|Bottom Bracket||Square taper, 68 mm, sealed cartridge|
|Pedal||Kids' Satellite, 9/16 thread|
|Saddle||Kids' saddle, small, integrated handle, seat post|
|Handlebar||Steel kid's handlebar, 500 mm width, 80 mm rise, 25.4 mm clamp|
|Grips||Kids' grip, 107 mm width|
|Stem||Bontrager Approved, 50 mm length, 15-degree rise, 25.4 mm clamp|
|Training Wheel||Training Wheel Trek Adjustable 12"-16"|
- 8.14 kg / 17.95 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider,and cargo) of 36 kg (80 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
90.0 - 102.0 cm
2'11.4" - 3'4.2"
99.0 - 117.0 cm
3'3.0" - 3'10.1"
114.0 - 132.0 cm
3'8.9" - 4'4.0"
130.0 - 150.0 cm
4'3.2" - 4'11.1"
146.0 - 160.0 cm
4'9.5" - 5'3.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|