It's right for you if...
You like ripping technical trails at warp speed and want a single bike with insane climbing and descending prowess for the gnarliest trails and enduro races. You prioritise frame and suspension performance above all else, and want a durable drivetrain that won't break the bank.
The tech you get
A 150 mm OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, a stout RockShox Yari RC 160 mm fork and a RockShox Deluxe shock with Trek's ultra-responsive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper. Plus, a SRAM's NX 1x11 drivetrain, a Bontrager Drop Line dropper post, and Bontrager Line Comp wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for fast engagement.
The final word
The Slash 9.7 gives you heaps of speed and capability for a shorter stack of cash. You're getting a carbon frame, a solid parts group and proven long-travel suspension for performance where you'll notice it most.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Don't confuse the Slash 9.7 with other value carbon models on the market – this bike gives you our best enduro main frame and suspension with a workhorse drivetrain and wheels
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Mino Link lets you adjust the geometry, so you get both an enduro race bike and an ultra-capable trail bike in one
- It's equally at home between the tape and in the rugged wild – Yes, Slash is a race bike, but it's ridiculously fun on gnarly trail rides, too
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone else's.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame, alloy 1x-specific stays, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block, EVO link, E2 tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 150 mm travel
- RockShox Yari RC, Solo Air, Motion Control damper, E2 tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset, 160 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230x57.5 mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager SE4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Core Strength side walls, aramid bead, 29x2.40˝
- SRAM NX, 11-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX, Roller Bearing Clutch
- SRAM Descendant 6k Eagle, 32T Direct Mount X-Sync
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM PG-1130, 11-42, 11-speed
- SRAM PC-1110
- Not included
- Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails
- Bontrager Drop Line, internal routing, 31.6 mm (15.5: 100 mm/17.5 & 18.5: 125 mm/19.5 & 21.5: 150 mm)
- Bontrager Line, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise, 780 mm width
- Bontrager Rhythm, dual lock-on
- Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35 mm, 0-degree, 50 mm length
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc
- M - 14.50 kg / 31.96 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|