It's right for you if...
You appreciate a little extra confidence on the trail. You value traction and stability, and want a stable rig that rips it up and keeps the rubber side down.
The tech you get
A lightweight alloy frame, a stout 140 mm FOX fork and 130 mm of rear travel with a Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv rear shock. Plus, a Bontrager Drop Line dropper post, SUNringlé Duroc wheels wrapped in mid-fat Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance 27.5x2.8˝ tyres, tubeless rim tape and valves, and a SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain for incredible gear range.
The final word
Amazing traction and confidence on the trail. A lightweight alloy frame, SUNringlé wheels with grippy mid-fat tyres and a plush suspension set-up come together for a trail bike that boosts your confidence and your abilities.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Unrelenting confidence: this bike lets you ride sections that you never thought you'd be able to clean
- Mid-fat tyres give you the traction to scamper up technical climbs and charge through rock gardens
- The SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain provides all the range you'll ever need in the simplicity of a 1x set-up
- Straight Shot stiffness, Knock Block frame defence
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone else's.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, E2 tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130 mm travel
- Fox Rhythm 34 Float, GRIP adjustable damper, E2 tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset, Boost110, 140 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float EVOL, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x52.5 mm
- Front hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing alloy axle, Boost148
- SUNringlé Duroc 40 SL 28-hole, tubeless strips and valves included
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance w/Addix compound, Tubeless Ready, 27.5x2.80˝
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- SRAM Descendant 6k Eagle, 32T Direct Mount X-Sync
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM XG-1275, 10-50, 12-speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails
- Bontrager Drop Line, internal routing, 31.6 mm (15.5: 100 mm/17.5 & 18.5: 125 mm/19.5 & 21.5: 150 mm)
- Bontrager Line, 35 mm, 15 mm rise, 750 mm width
- Bontrager Race Lite, lock-on
- Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35 mm clamp, 0-degree, 60 mm length
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc
- M - 14.51 kg / 32.00 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|
|17.5 in||High||41.9||65.7°||74.2 °||10.0||67.2°||58.0||33.4||2.6||43.3||5.1||9.6||116.0||73.9||42.8||60.7|
|18.5 in||High||44.0||65.7°||74.2 °||10.0||67.2°||59.7||33.4||2.6||43.3||5.1||9.6||117.7||73.4||44.5||60.7|
|19.5 in||High||47.0||65.7°||74.2 °||10.0||67.2°||61.2||33.4||2.6||43.3||5.1||9.6||119.2||72.9||46.0||60.7|
|21.5 in||High||51.0||65.7°||74.2 °||11.0||67.2°||63.9||33.4||2.6||43.3||5.1||9.6||121.8||73.9||48.2||61.6|