It's right for you if...
Your little shredder is ready to hop off the neighbourhood streets and onto the trail, and you want to get them started the right way with a real-deal mountain bike that builds skills and confidence from the outset. If you're looking to teach your little one the wisdom of the trail, there's no better teaching tool than Roscoe.
The tech you get
A durable Alpha Gold Aluminium frame with a sloping top tube for added clearance, 20˝ wheels with mid-fat 2.8˝ tyres for added traction and stability, a 1x8 Shimano drive train with a wide-range cassette for hills and technical sections, mechanical disc brakes and loads of thoughtful details borrowed from adult MTB tech, like a closed front dropout and a tucked-in rear brake calliper so when kids drop their Roscoe it doesn't mean an automatic trip to the shop for a replacement part.
The final word
Give a kid a Roscoe and you'll make a mountain biker for life. Mid-fat tyres and a wealth of kid-specific design details make this bike the perfect introduction to the trail. If your little one is ready to tag along when you hit the singletrack, this is the kid-friendly set-up that's made to build confidence, skills and a healthy obsession with the world's greatest activity.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- There's no family outing as fun as a trail session, and Roscoe is the ideal kids' bike for building great memories
- This isn't a small adult bike – it's built from the ground up for kids, by people who know exactly what works for them, and what doesn't
- When you're learning to ride, simplicity is best: a 1x8 drivetrain lets kids focus on keeping the rubber side down
- The kid-specific frame geometry has a sloping top tube that makes it easier to hop on and off
- The rear brake calliper is tucked into the frame to help prevent damage from laying the bike down
How to: teach your kid to ride a bike
'Teaching your child to ride a bike should be a special experience. With the right knowledge, the right tools and the right approach, you can build a memory that you and your child will look back on forever. This is everything you need to help your little one make a smooth transition from stabilisers to a two-wheeler.'Watch the video
Alpha Aluminium frame
Trek's lightweight, high-performance aluminium is durable and rustproof.
1x drive train
Simple shifting is the best way to teach a kid to ride a real mountain bike.
Boost141 is the wider hub standard for open dropouts. Wider dropouts and wider hub flanges give you stiffer wheels. In addition, it lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Quality components mean this bike is ready to shred the singletrack, on race day or every day.
Wider 2.8in tyres
Wider tyres instil confidence and control on the trail.
- 20˝ Dialled frame size, Alpha Gold Aluminium
- Dialed 20˝, alloy
- Front hub
- Formula DC20 Alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula D22 alloy, Boost141
- 20˝ 28-hole, alloy
- Cheng-Shin, 20x2.8˝
- Shimano Altus M310, 8-speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TX80
- Alloy, 32T
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- SunRun cassette, 11-34 T, 8-speed
- KMC Z51
- Dialled 9/16˝, platform
- Dialled 20˝ size, padded
- Bontrager, 2-bolt head, 27.2 mm, 8 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Dialled, Kraton
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 7 degree, w/computer and light mounts
- Head set
- VP 1-1/8˝, semi-Integrated
- Brake set
- Tektro M280 mechanical disc
- 10.78 kg/23.77 lb
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider,and cargo) of 36 kg (80 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
86.0 - 102.0 cm
2'9.9" - 3'4.2"
99.0 - 117.0 cm
3'3.0" - 3'10.1"
114.0 - 132.0 cm
3'8.9" - 4'4.0"
130.0 - 150.0 cm
4'3.2" - 4'11.1"
146.0 - 160.0 cm
4'9.5" - 5'3.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Effective seat tube angle||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||H — Chainstay length||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|