It's right for you if...
Serious trail bike suspension, the latest in e-MTB frame design and a durable spec that will hold up to raucous all-mountain riding. These are the non-negotiables in your search for your next ride. You're going to ride on big trails with features and technical sections that demand the extra traction and stability of mid-fat tyres.
The tech you get
A durable Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame that fully encases a long-range 500 Wh battery for great aesthetics and protection on the trail, a Bosch Performance CX 250-watt motor that assists up to 25 km/h, and an ergonomic Bosch Purion controller. Plus, a 150 mm shock, 160 mm RockShox Yari RL fork with an ultra-plush DebonAir spring, grippy 27.5+ mid-fat tyres, Tubeless Line Comp 40 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub, a dropper post and more powerful 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes.
The final word
Longer travel suspension, quality trail spec and a powerful Bosch pedal-assist system make this an incredible e-MTB. But what brings it into the next realm is the Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) frame design, which is a major advancement in electric mountain bike engineering.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage – even on full suspension e-MTBs
- Longer travel suspension and 27.5+ mid-fat tyres are the perfect combination for traction, stability and capability on rough trails
- It rides like a mountain bike because it is one: it has the same frame and suspension tech that we've refined in our decades-long trail heritage
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security or just easier charging.
Bosch Performance CX
Bosch’s Performance CX line is made for rugged off-road use with a maximum torque of up to 75 newton metres, sustained power into the high cadence range for sporty acceleration and a sleek mid-mount motor for ideal weight balance and obstacle clearance.
Bosch Purion Display
Bosch's Purion display features a fully-functional speedometer with a backlit display, service interval indicator and battery range indicator. Its thoughtful design allows riders to scroll through functions or choose the right level of support while maintaining contact with the handlebars.
This unique protection shield made of lightweight but robust aluminium protects the motor against stones.
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), EVO link, tapered head tube, Knock Block, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, G2 Geometry, Boost148, 150 mm travel
- RockShox Yari RL, DebonAir, Motion Control RL damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset, 160 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 205x57.5 mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 40, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 27.5x2.80˝
- Shimano Deore XT M8000, 11 speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore XT M8000, Shadow Plus
- Race Aeffect, 15T w/chain guard
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11-46, 11-speed
- Shimano HG600, 11-speed
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Arvada
- Dropper post, 31.6 mm, internal routing
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 780 mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, Knock Block, 31.8 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT520 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube 500 Wh
- Bosch Purion
- Bosch Performance CX
- M - 23.59 kg / 52 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|