It's right for you if...
You're want an e-bike that can do double duty as a rugged commuter and a super capable hardtail mountain bike. You want a lot of performance, quality and user-friendly features, and you can’t wait to go on bigger and better bike-fuelled adventures.
The tech you get
A durable Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame that fully encases a long-range 625 Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a new Bosch Performance CX 250-watt motor that assists up to 25 km/h, an ergonomic Bosch Purion controller, a 1x12 Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain, a 120 mm SR Suntour Zeron fork with hydraulic lockout, a dropper post and Shimano 4-piston brakes. Comes equipped with mudguards, a rear rack, and front and rear lights powered by the Bosch battery.
The final word
This bike is made for rugged commutes, bikepacking adventures and anyone who wants a hill-climbing boost to get to the fun stuff faster. It comes with dependable performance parts and a high-end Bosch motor, RIB battery system and controller that are as reliable as they are easy to use.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedalling, and has less drag when you’re not
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- It comes equipped with lights, mudguards and a rear rack so you're ready to ride right from the start
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- The size S frame features a curved top tube that makes standing over the bike easier. Plus, Smart Wheel Sizing means you'll get the fastest wheel that fits – 29˝ wheels on larger frames, 27.5˝ wheels on smaller frames
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. The larger frames (M and ML) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It’s also more efficient so you can go further on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It’s a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
The bike is already internally wired to accept additional lights. Go to your dealer and simply have them attached to the bike and plug them in.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, Motor Armour, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle
- SR Suntour Zeron 35, air spring, LO R damper, hydraulic lockout, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm bolt-on thru axle, 100 mm travel
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Shimano MicroSpline freehub, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Schwalbe Smart Sam Performance, 29x2.25"
- Shimano SLX M7100, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano XT M8100, long cage, 51T max cog
- E*thirteen E*spec Plus, 36T
- Shimano SLX M7100, 10-51, 12-speed
- Shimano SLX M7100, 12-speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Commuter Comp, 165 mm width
- TranzX JD-YSP18, 130 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager XR Endurance Elite, lock-on, ergonomic
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT520 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube, 625 Wh
- Bosch Purion
- NEW Bosch Performance Line CX, 250 Watt, 75 Nm, magnesium body, 25 km/h max assist
- Front light
- Front light
- Rear light
- AXA Blueline
- M - 23.64 kg / 52.11 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|