It's right for you if...
You're looking for a fast mountain bike for single-track – one that's fully capable of taking on races, marathons and competitive group rides. You want something that is reliable and fun with dependable, lightweight parts.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame, a RockShox 30 Silver suspension fork with a lockout and an air spring that's lighter and more adjustable than a coil spring, Bontrager Duster Elite Tubeless Ready wheels with Boost141 hub spacing and a smooth, efficient Shimano Deore/XT 2x10 drivetrain with a Shimano XT Shadow rear derailleur, which stays tucked out of the way to avoid snagging on trail debris.
The final word
With the X-Caliber 8, you're getting a performance frame paired with performance parts, like a RockShox air fork and a rear derailleur that's the gold standard for MTB performance and reliability. Plus, it's equipped with durable, lightweight alloy rims that save weight and are easy to upgrade to tubeless.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It has the price of a more basic hardtail and the performance of a more expensive one
- The RockShox air fork can be tuned to the rider's weight, so you always have a custom ride that's right for you
- The frame is fully compatible with higher-end parts, like race wheels and a dropper post, if you ever find the need to upgrade
- Smart Wheel Sizing means you'll get the fastest wheel that fits (29˝ wheels on larger frames, 27.5˝ wheels on smaller frames)
Alpha Gold Aluminium
Our high-performance lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and save weight.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedalling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Extended size range
A wider range of sizes than the industry standard provides more options for everyone, from tallest to shortest and all those in between. Because everyone deserves a great ride.
- Alpha Gold Aluminium, E2 tapered head tube, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, rack and kickstand mount, Boost141, G2 Geometry
- RockShox 30 Silver, air spring, preload, rebound, TurnKey lockout, E2 tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel (13.5: 80 mm travel)
- Max compatible fork travel
- Front hub
- Formula DC20 LW alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula DC2241 alloy, Boost141
- Bontrager Duster Elite Tubeless Ready 28-hole, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- Shimano Deore M6000, 10-speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Deore M6020
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore XT, Shadow
- Race Face Ride, 36/22
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- Shimano HG50, 11-36, 10-speed
- KMC X10
- Wellgo nylon platform
- Bontrager Evoke 1.5
- Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise, 720 mm width
- Bontrager Race Lite, lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree
- Head set
- Semi-integrated, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano M315 hydraulic disc
- M - 13.06 kg / 28.80 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|