It's right for you if...
You ride singletrack fast, and you're no stranger to XC races. You want the lightweight advantage of carbon, performance parts and incredible suspension – and you want it all at great value.
The tech you get
A lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, a full SRAM NX 1x12 Eagle drivetrain, RockShox Reba RL air fork, FOX rear shock and a TwistLoc dual remote suspension lockout. Plus, Boost148/110 Tubeless Ready Bontrager Kovee Comp 23 wheels.
The final word
With Top Fuel 9.7, you're getting a lot of speed for your money. It's an outstanding all-around XC rig, but what you're really paying for is the lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame and the jump in performance that comes along with it.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- You get carbon where it counts and an alloy rear end to keep the cost down
- TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks for climbs and sprints with the simple Grip Shift-like motion
- Internal cable routing opens the door for upgrades like a dropper post
TwistLoc Dual Remote Lockout
TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks with a simple Grip Shift-like motion; and it leaves room for a dropper post lever.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone else's.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame, alloy stays, ABP, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, MicroTruss, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, PF92, Boost148 & G2 Geometry on 29ers, 100 mm travel
- RockShox Reba RL, Solo Air, Motion Control RL damper, remote lockout, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset on 29ers, 100 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float DPS, 2-position remote, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 6.5x1.5˝
- Bontrager Kovee Comp 23, Tubeless Ready, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- SRAM NX Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92 mm
- SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Comp
- Bontrager Rhythm Elite, 31.6 mm, 0 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise, 720 mm width
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc
- M - 11.52 kg / 25.4 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
165.5 - 179.0 cm
5'5.2" - 5'10.5"
77.0 - 84.0 cm
30.3" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|