It's right for you if...
You're new to XC mountain biking and want the speed and efficiency of a full-suspension bike. Or, you want an upgrade in performance over your hardtail and want a serious amount of smart racer spec for your money.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame, a 100 mm RockShox Recon RL fork, FOX rear shock and a TwistLoc dual remote suspension lockout. Plus, a 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain, Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc brakes and Boost148/110 Tubeless Ready Bontrager Kovee Comp 23 wheels.
The final word
The Top Fuel 8 is a performance full-suspension XC bike at great value. A lightweight aluminium frame, a great suspension package and a solid parts group add up to a fast ride that can't be beaten for this price.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The Top Fuel 8 gets you into the world of fast XC riding and racing at great value
- More than fast, it's also capable: The Top Fuel 8 is great for racing and can double as a light trail bike on more rugged terrain
- TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks for climbs and sprints with the simple Grip Shift-like motion
- Internal cable routing opens the door for upgrades like a dropper post
TwistLoc Dual Remote Lockout
TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks with a simple Grip Shift-like motion; and it leaves room for a dropper post lever.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone else's.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, MicroTruss, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, downtube guard, PF92, Boost148, G2 Geometry on 29ers, 100 mm travel
- RockShox Recon RL, Solo Air, Motion Control damper, remote lockout, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset on 29ers, 100 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float DPS, 2-position remote, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 6.5x1.5˝
- Bontrager Kovee Comp 23, Tubeless Ready, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- SRAM NX Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92 mm
- SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Comp
- Bontrager Rhythm Elite, 31.6 mm, 0 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise, 720 mm width
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc
- M - 12.70 kg / 28 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
165.5 - 179.0 cm
5'5.2" - 5'10.5"
77.0 - 84.0 cm
30.3" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|