It's right for you if...
You're all about fast and fun trail rides with your friends. But you want to have fun faster, so you want a carbon frame and a high-end spec you can rely on for long days in the saddle.
The tech you get
A lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with Stranglehold dropouts, a 120 mm RockShox Pike Select Plus fork with Solo Air spring and Motion control damper, a SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drive train and SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc brakes. Plus, SUNringlé Duroc 50 mm rims, included tubeless rim tape and valves, 29x3˝ Bontrager XR2 Team Issue TLR tyres, a Bontrager Line dropper post and a 35 mm Bontrager Line Pro carbon handlebar to match the burly disposition of this go-anywhere, ride-anything monster.
The final word
The Stache 9.7 pairs the light and smooth ride of carbon with the traction and momentum of 29+ mid-fat tyres to make a fun trail hardtail that holds its own with both the distance-crushing XC crowd and your rowdy trail-riding buddies.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- 29+ has an incredible amount of merit, and this lightweight carbon frame brings the platform to its full potential
- Fun is faster than ever with a lightweight Stache carbon frame and top-shelf parts
- Stache is super versatile and equally at home on multi-day bikepacking trips as it is on rough singletrack
- We're not the only ones who love it: Outside Magazine says, '[Stache 9.7] is the world's best hardtail mountain bike – hands down'
- It's super easy to go tubeless with the included Tubeless Ready tyres, rim strips and valves
29+ is a wider 3" tyre that grips relentlessly while floating over terrain. Yet it delivers all the 29er benefits that you know and love, like greater momentum and improved rollover.
How do you fit a 29" tyre without elongating the wheelbase? Elevate the drive-side chainstay up and out of the way.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon, Boost148, Midstay, tapered head tube, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, Stranglehold dropouts, G2 Geometry
- RockShox Pike RC, Solo Air, Charger 2 damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset, 120 mm travel
- Front hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, Boost148
- SUNringlé Duroc 50 SL 28-hole, tubeless strips and valves included
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x3.00˝
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Type 3 Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 7k Eagle, 30 T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- DUB PF92
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12-speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Elite, titanium rails
- Bontrager Line Dropper, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 15.5: 100 mm, 17.5: 125 mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150 mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35 mm, 15 mm rise, 750 mm width
- ESI Chunky
- Bontrager Line Pro, 35 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc
- M - 12.95 kg / 28.54 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|