It's right for you if...
You're building up a custom trail bike to for true trail riding. You're cool with trying new lines, getting a little wild and leaving the ground. You're looking for a ride you can throw around and keep in control, even when the trail gets rowdy.
The tech you get
A durable and lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with Control Freak internal cable routing, Mino Link adjustable geometry, Straight Shot down tube and Knock Block integrated frame protection, 150 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RT3 shock with Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv damper, Bontrager Line stem and an integrated Knock Block headset. Built for 27.5˝ wheels.
The final word
A trustworthy trail frame that's easy to handle in the rough, and fully capable of ripping down big all-mountain trails. A quality shock, 150 mm of travel, and a host of exclusive frame tech give you a head start on your dream trail bike build.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- An ultra-capable frame and shock for confidence on rough trails
- RE:aktiv keeps the shock firm for efficient pedalling and pumping, and instantly soaks up bumps to keep you in control
- Mino Link lets you make small adjustments to your geometry quickly and easily, even mid-ride
- Wider is more stable: Remedy has clearance for up to 27.5x2.8˝ tyres
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, ISCG 05, 150 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230x57.5 mm
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, Knock Block, 31.8 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- M - 3.41 kg / 7.51 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|