It's right for you if...
You like getting rowdy on rough trails. Your wheels leave the ground often, and you want an alloy bike that's durable enough to handle whatever you throw at it. You don't shy away from gnarly trails. Your bike shouldn't either.
The tech you get
A light and tough Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame, an upgraded 160 mm RockShox Lyrik Select Plus fork with a plush DebonAir spring and Charger 2 RC damper that gives you more adjustment and control and 150 mm of rear travel with an exclusive RE:aktiv rear shock. Plus, a SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain, SRAM Guide R four-piston hydraulic disc brakes for more stopping power, a Bontrager Line dropper post and Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for fast engagement.
The final word
It's our highest-end aluminium Remedy. The durable alloy frame, 27.5˝ wheels and premium suspension make it the perfect ride to dish out and stand up to some serious abuse on the trail. If you're measuring your rides in rad per pound, you won't do better than Remedy 8.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This is our best blend of performance and value in the Remedy family: an Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with the same spec as much higher-end bikes makes this model a smokin' deal
- RE:aktiv damping keeps the shock firm for efficient pedalling and pumping, and instantly soaks up bumps to keep you in control
- It surfs down rough trails and conquers jumps with sure-footed confidence, then flies back to the top with its extra-low 50-tooth climbing gear
- The shifter-style, underbar remote dropper post lever is super intuitive and easy to use
Tubeless Ready rims and tyres make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats and less weight. The rim strips are already installed; just add TLR valves and sealant.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, ISCG 05, 150 mm travel
- RockShox Lyrik RC, DebonAir, Charger 2 damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, 160 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230x57.5 mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 27.5x2.60˝
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92 mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12-speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 15.5: 100 mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125 mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150 mm
- Bontrager Line, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise, 780 width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc
- M - 14.39 kg / 31.73 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|