It's right for you if...
You’re looking for a seriously capable long-travel carbon e-MTB and you want nothing but the best. Your bike better have wireless electronic components, a high-end suspension set-up and a powerful Bosch system that’ll fly up grinders in a flash.
The tech you get
A light and durable OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame with carbon stays that fully encases a 625 Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a 160 mm RockShox Lyrik Ultimate fork with Charger 2 RC2 damper, 150 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RT3 shock with Trek's RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250 W motor that assists up to 25 km/h and a Kiox controller. A 1x12 SRAM X01 Eagle AXS drivetrain, RockShox Reverb AXS dropper post, Shimano XT 4-piston brakes, a carbon handlebar and Bontrager Line Carbon 30 29er wheels with Bontrager SE5 Team Issue tyres.
The final word
Rail 9.9 is all about top performance tech. The latest wireless electronic components, RockShox's best enduro fork, Bosch's most powerful battery and full-colour controller. Plus, the light OCLV Mountain carbon frame is trimmed with lots of carbon parts, including the wheels and crank.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedalling, and has less drag when you’re not
- The full-colour Bosch Kiox controller displays ride info, connects with your Bluetooth-enabled devices and has a built-in theft prevention feature
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- The SRAM X01 Eagle AXS drive train is smart, smooth and completely wireless
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It’s also more efficient so you can go further on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It’s a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security or just easier charging.
Complete Tubeless System
Tubeless Ready rims and tyres make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats and less weight. You're ready to roll straight out of the box with the included TLR rim strips, valves and sealant.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame and stays, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armour, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle, 150 mm travel
- RockShox Lyrik Ultimate, DebonAir spring, Charger 2 RC2 damper, e-MTB optimised, tapered steerer, 42 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 160 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, DebonAir spring, RE:aktiv w/Thru Shaft damper, 230x57.5 mm
- Bontrager Line Carbon 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager SE5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Core Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 60 tpi, 29x2.60"
- SRAM Eagle AXS, wireless, 12-
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM X01 Eagle AXS
- E*thirteen E*spec Race carbon, 34T
- SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails, 138 mm width
- RockShox Reverb AXS, wireless, 31.6 mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, lock-on
- Bontrager Line Pro, 35 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano XT M8120 4-piston hydraulic disc, 180 mm rotor
- Bosch PowerTube, 625 Wh
- Bosch Kiox with Anti-theft solution
- NEW Bosch Performance Line CX, 250 Watt, 75 Nm, magnesium body, 25 km/h max assist
- M - 21.65 kg / 47.74 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|