It's right for you if...
You’re looking for an e-MTB that’s built to be just as capable of shredding as non-electric trail bikes. You want a powerful Bosch drive system that’ll propel you up climbs so you can hit lap after lap.
The tech you get
A light and durable Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame that fully encases a 500 Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a 160 mm RockShox 35 Gold RL fork, 150 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RL shock, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250 W motor that assists up to 25 km/h and a Purion controller. A 1x12 SRAM SX Eagle drivetrain, dropper post, 4-piston brakes and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels.
The final word
Rail 5 is our best-value long-travel e-MTB. It's equally as capable as our regular long-travel trail bikes, it just gets you back to the top in a flash. The powerful Bosch drive systems and durable part spec make for long-lasting fun.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain – no shuttle or lift necessary
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- It's equipped with an external charging port for easy charging on or off the bike
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It’s also more efficient so you can go further on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It’s a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security or just easier charging.
Tubeless Ready rims and tyres make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats and less weight. The rim strips are already installed; just add TLR valves and sealant.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armour, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle, 150 mm travel
- RockShox 35 Gold RL, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, e-MTB optimised, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 160mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 230x57.5 mm
- Front hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle
- Rear hub
- Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle
- Alex MD35, Tubeless Ready, 32-hole, 35 mm width, Presta valve
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance, tubeless, aramid bead, 29x2.60"
- SRAM SX Eagle single-click, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM SX Eagle
- SRAM X1 1000, 34T
- SRAM PG-1210 Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138 mm width
- TranzX JD-YSP18, internal routing, 31.6 mm
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Tektro HD-M745 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube, vertical, 500 wh
- Bosch Purion
- NEW Bosch Performance Line CX, 250 Watt, 75 Nm, magnesium body, 25 km/h max assist
- M - 23.53 kg / 51.88 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|