It's right for you if...
You live for freedom, value self reliance and want a ride for bikepacking and off-road touring in places other bikes simply can't take you. 1120 is for the crazy among us and those who feel most at home under the stars. If filling in the last uncharted parts of the map is your thing, 1120 is the thing to do it on.
The tech you get
A Stache-inspired Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with an adjustable rear Stranglehold Dropout that makes it easy to dial in your geometry and convert to singlespeed, a carbon fork, our proprietary rack system and included bag holsters for 8-litre dry bags of your choice, a 1x11 Shimano drive train, SRAM Level T hydraulic disc brakes, 29+ tyres and a Bontrager Line dropper post that makes it easy to mount, dismount and descend while loaded.
The final word
The bike you get if you're after real adventures. Every part of 1120 is made for better bikepacking and built to take on the burliest trails you can find. Included racks, trail-specific spec and 29+ wheels make 1120 the perfect shred sled for epic exploration.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This bike expands boundaries and lets you escape, and it's equipped with the right spec so you can just pack it and go
- The included rack and harness system makes it easy to secure the 8-litre dry bags of your choice in the rear rack and additional bags up front for the best packing balance
- So many mounting features let you set up your ideal expedition ride as you see fit
- It's also a fantastic mountain bike – if you're looking to shred, pull off the racks and it's every bit as capable as our award-winning Stache
Hydraulic disc brakes
Hydraulic disc brakes offer the absolute strongest stopping power even in wet and muddy conditions.
Tubeless Ready rims
Bontrager TLR (Tubeless Ready) Road is the first fully integrated tubeless system for road wheels. When you go tubeless with TLR, you can run lower tyre pressure for increased traction and comfort without the threat of pinch flats.
Lightweight fork with carbon fibre legs soaks up hand-numbing road vibration.
A 15mm front through axle makes steering more precise for more control, and the quick-release feature makes wheel removal easy.
29+ is a wider 3" tyre that grips relentlessly while floating over terrain. Yet it delivers all the 29er benefits that you know and love, like greater momentum and improved rollover.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
How do you fit a 29" tyre without elongating the wheelbase? Elevate the drive-side chainstay up and out of the way.
Built for 1X
Stache is optimised for a single chain ring. No front derailleur means a tighter wheelbase for a lively ride.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, Boost148, Midstay, E2 tapered head tube, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, PF92, Stranglehold dropouts, G2 Geometry, proprietary rack mounts
- 1120 Adventure HCM Carbon, 110 mm boost, suspension correct, proprietary rack and accessory mounts
- Front hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager alloy, Boost148
- SUNringlé Duroc 50 SL 28-hole
- Bontrager Chupacabra, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 29x3.00˝
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11-speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano SLX M7000, Shadow Plus
- Race Face Aeffect, 30T Direct Mount Narrow Wide
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11-46, 11-speed
- Shimano HG-601
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Comp
- Bontrager Drop Line 125, internal routing, 31.6mm (15.5: Drop Line 100)
- Bontrager Crivitz, 31.8 mm
- Bontrager Race Lite, lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, w/computer and light mounts
- Head set
- Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Level T hydraulic disc
- 17.5 - 14.11 kg / 31.1 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|