Daytime visible from up to 2km away
The Flare R's powerful CREE LED shine bright through balanced optics ensuring visibility of over 270 degrees. Visible over 2km day/night for the ultimate in riding safety.
- 65 lumens for visibility from over 2 km day or night
- Be seen with balanced optics designed for 270 degree visibility near and far
- Two day-time visibility modes and two night modes
- Day modes: 65 lm flash-5.75 hrs, 35 lm all-day-10 hrs, 25 lm steady-4.5 hrs
- Night modes: 65 lm flash-23 hrs, 5 lm steady-21 hrs
- Battery save mode at 5% life helps to ensure a safe ride home with a depleted battery
- The Quick Connect bracket with 16-degree offset compensates for the seatpost angle
- Includes a Quick Connect bracket and USB charging cable
Be the bigger distraction
A 2005 Danish study revealed a 30-50% reduction in crashes for cyclists using lights during the day. The Flare R rear light is the first light designed from the ground up for daylight visibility with a 2km range.
80% of accidents happen during the day
With bursts of 65 lumens, balanced optics and optimised flash patterns, the Flare R cuts through the chaos to help make drivers aware of your presence on the road, even in challenging lighting conditions like dawn and dusk.
40% of accidents are from behind
Statistics support that there’s no better way to increase safety on the road than by using a rear light. Choose the lower lumen setting for riding at night or saving battery life. Pick the brightest flash setting for grabbing attention during the day.
Cyclists overestimate their visibility by 700%
Day or night, it’s hard to know exactly when a driver can see you. A study conducted in 2012 revealed that cyclists overestimate their visibility by up to 700%. Use front and rear lights during the day and night as the first measure to increase your visibility.
Bontrager Daytime Running Lights are designed to be visible whenever you ride, day or night.Learn more
By directing or amplifying output, a light's beam can be intensified and its range extended. Without this, a light may appear bright, but will not be noticed in the day.
The Day Flash setting is designed to increase noticeability with varying lumen outputs and an interruptive flash pattern.
Daytime Running Lights need to be visible from at least 400m in order to give drivers ample time to notice, react to and safely pass a rider.