It's right for you if...
You're beginning to ride faster and further, and you're looking to upgrade to a more performance-orientated road bike that's still comfortable on long rides. You want a wide range of gears for hills, and a reliable drivetrain that won't give up on you – even after thousands of miles.
The tech you get
A lightweight 100 Series Alpha Aluminium frame with hidden mudguard mounts and a stable Endurance Geometry for a confident ride, a road-smoothing IsoSpeed Carbon fork, a full 10-speed Shimano Tiagra drivetrain with a wider range of gearing for long climbs, Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready wheels and puncture-resistant Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite tyres for extra confidence on rough roads.
The final word
Domane AL 4 is a great choice for riders who want to explore more roads and test their limits. The full 2x10 Shimano Tiagra drivetrain has a wider range of gears than more introductory models, which means that you can take on bigger hills and longer rides with confidence.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This is a bike that makes you want to explore, cover more ground and ride faster – and that's something you can sense as soon as you swing a leg over the top tube
- The stable Endurance Geometry is comfortable over long distances, but this is still a quick racing bike
- The unique IsoSpeed Carbon fork, which swoops forward toward the dropouts, absorbs vibrations from the road so your arms won't fatigue as quickly
100 Series Alpha Aluminium
Trek's high-performance aluminium, with manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and weight savings.
As befits the world’s most advanced endurance racing bikes, we’ve developed the world’s most stable racing geometry. Still racy, but with a slightly higher head tube for better stability and greater comfort throughout the entire ride.
Performance. Stability. Victory. Trek endurance geometry is a triple threat, maximising control, handling and responsiveness through perfectly tuned rider weight bias.
Additional Tyre Clearance
The additional tyre clearance allows the Domane to go where no road bike has gone before. Race, ride, explore.
It's a one-two punch: generous ride-tuned sweep and shape increases compliance for a smoother ride, and unique dropout placement optimises the wheelbase.
Mudguard mounts allow for full-coverage mudguards so you can ride comfortably in less-than-ideal conditions.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
- 100 Series Alpha Aluminium, DuoTrap S compatible, hidden mudguard mounts
- Domane carbon, hidden mudguard mounts
- Front hub
- Rear hub
- Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready
- Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x25c
- Max tyre size
- 28 c Bontrager tyres (with at least 4 mm of clearance to frame)
- Shimano Tiagra, 10 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Tiagra
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Tiagra
- Shimano Tiagra, 50/34 (compact)
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- Shimano Tiagra, 11-32, 10 speed
- Shimano Tiagra
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada Comp, steel rails
- Bontrager, 2-bolt head, 27.2 mm, 8 mm offset
- Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8 mm
- Bontrager tape
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, w/computer and light mounts
- Head set
- Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8˝
- Brake set
- Alloy dual-pivot
- 56cm - 9.41 kg / 20.74 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 125 kg (275 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
152.0 - 159.0 cm
4'11.8" - 5'2.6"
71.0 - 75.0 cm
28.0" - 29.5"
157.0 - 164.0 cm
5'1.8" - 5'4.6"
74.0 - 77.0 cm
29.1" - 30.3"
162.0 - 169.0 cm
5'3.8" - 5'6.5"
76.0 - 79.0 cm
29.9" - 31.1"
167.0 - 174.0 cm
5'5.7" - 5'8.5"
78.0 - 82.0 cm
30.7" - 32.3"
173.0 - 180.0 cm
5'8.1" - 5'10.9"
81.0 - 85.0 cm
31.9" - 33.5"
179.0 - 186.0 cm
5'10.5" - 6'1.2"
84.0 - 87.0 cm
33.1" - 34.3"
184.0 - 191.0 cm
6'0.4" - 6'3.2"
86.0 - 90.0 cm
33.9" - 35.4"
189.0 - 196.0 cm
6'2.4" - 6'5.2"
89.0 - 92.0 cm
35.0" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Saddle rail height minimum (w/short mast)||Saddle rail height maximum (w/tall mast)|