It's right for you if...
You’re looking for a long-travel carbon e-MTB and you want nothing but the best. Your bike better have a wireless electronic drive train, a high-end suspension set-up and a powerful Bosch system that’ll fly up grinders in a flash.
The tech you get
An OCLV Mountain Carbon frame that fully encases a 625 Wh battery, a super-responsive RockShox ZEB Ultimate fork with extra-burly 38 mm stanchions and loads of adjustability, a RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate shock with an updated Thru Shaft damper, a Bosch Performance Line CX 250 W motor that assists up to 25 km/h and a Kiox controller. A SRAM X01 Eagle AXS drive train with an extra-low 52-tooth climbing gear, downhill-rated 4-piston brakes for unflinching descents and new Bontrager Line Pro 30 carbon wheels with robust SE5 Team Issue tyres that come completely tubeless-ready, including sealant.
The final word
The Rail 9.9 is all about top-shelf tech. It has the latest wireless electronic drive train, RockShox's best enduro fork and Bosch's most powerful battery and full-colour controller.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The SRAM X01 Eagle AXS drive train is smart, smooth and completely wireless
- The full-colour Bosch Kiox controller displays ride info, connects with your Bluetooth® enabled devices and has a built-in theft prevention feature
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedalling, and has less drag when you’re not
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
You might also like
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It’s also more efficient so you can go further on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It’s a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Custom eMTB Lite mode
Trek eMTBs feature a custom eMTB Lite mode in place of Tour mode. It gives you more natural-feeling power delivery and longer battery life.
With the all-new RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Thru Shaft, you get the most refined shock on the market, with an updated air spring and an exclusive Thru Shaft damper that gives you tenacious grip, plush control and the support you need for ripping rough descents all day.Learn more
Integrated speed sensor
You've got one less detail to sweat with the integrated speed sensor. The chainstay-mounted sensor stays protected while the custom hub-mounted magnet stays secure – no more error codes from mis-aligned sensors.
Bosch Kiox display
Bosch Kiox's bright, full-colour screen is easy to read under any light conditions and is protected by durable Gorilla Glass. You can view battery life, support level, speed, heart rate and more. Plus, it seamlessly connects to your phone through the Bosch eBikeConnect app to share ride data, GPS map routes, altitude, cadence and power output.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armor, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12mm thru axle, 150mm travel
- RockShox ZEB Ultimate, DebonAir spring, Charger 2.1 RC2 damper, e-MTB optimized crown, tapered steerer, 44mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 160mm travel
- Rear suspension
- NEW RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RT3, DebonAir spring, Thru Shaft 3-position damper, 230x57.5mm
- NEW Bontrager Line Pro 30, OCLV Mountain Carbon, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager SE5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Core Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 60 tpi, 29x2.60"
- SRAM Eagle AXS, wireless, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM X01 Eagle AXS
- E*thirteen E*spec Race carbon, 34T
- SRAM XG-1295 Eagle, 10-52, 12 speed
- SRAM XX1 Eagle, 12 speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails, 138mm width
- RockShox Reverb AXS, wireless, 31.6mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35mm, 27.5mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line Pro, 35mm, Knock Block, Blendr compatible, 0 degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, 58-degree radius, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Code RSC hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube 625
- Bosch Kiox with Anti-theft solution
- Bosch Performance CX, magnesium motor body, 250 watt, 75 Nm, 25km/h
- M - 22.47 kg / 49.54 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|