It's right for you if...
You want an e-bike that can do double duty as a rugged commuter and a trail-worthy hardtail mountain bike. You want a lot of capability, quality and user-friendly features for an affordable price and you can’t wait to go on bigger and better bike-fuelled adventures.
The tech you get
A durable Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame that fully encases a long-range 500 Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a Bosch Performance CX (250 W, 75 Nm) motor that assists up to 25 km/h, an ergonomic Bosch Purion controller, a Shimano drive train, a 120 mm SR Suntour XCM fork with lockout and hydraulic disc brakes. Comes equipped with mudguards, a rear rack, and front and rear lights powered by the Bosch battery. Plus, Smart Wheel Sizing means you'll get the fastest wheel that fits – 29˝ wheels on larger frames, 27.5˝ wheels on smaller frames.
The final word
Affordable, versatile, capable. This e-MTB is great for commuting, trail riding and rugged touring. It comes with dependable performance parts and a high-end Bosch motor, RIB battery system and controller that are as reliable as they are easy to use.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- This bike expands boundaries: the top-notch Bosch system is equally suited to commuting, recreation and a ridiculously fun time on the trails
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- It's equipped with an external charging port for easy charging on or off the bike
- It comes equipped with lights, mudguards and a rear rack so you're ready to ride right from the start
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. The larger frames (M and ML) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It’s also more efficient so you can go further on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It’s a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Bosch Purion Display
Bosch's Purion display features a fully-functional speedometer with a backlit display, service interval indicator and battery range indicator. Its thoughtful design allows riders to scroll through functions or choose the right level of support while maintaining contact with the handlebars.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, Motor Armour, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle
- SR Suntour XCM 34, coil spring, preload, lockout, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle, 120 mm travel
- Max compatible fork travel
- 120mm (XS & S: 100mm)
- Front hub
- Formula DC-511, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle
- Rear hub
- Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle
- Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20 mm width, Presta valve
- Schwalbe Smart Sam Performance, 29x2.25"
- Max tyre size
- 29x2.60" or 27.5x2.8" (XS & S: 27.5x2.60")
- Shimano Altus M2000, 9-speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Acera M3000, Shadow design, long cage
- FSA 310, 36 T w/chain guard
- Shimano HG200, 11-36, 9-speed
- KMC E9S, 9-speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Commuter Comp, 165 mm width
- Bontrager alloy, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager XR Endurance Comp
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, Blendr-compatible, 7-degree
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Tektro HD-M275 hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube, vertical, 500 wh
- Bosch Purion
- Bosch Performance CX, 250 Watt, 75 Nm, 25 km/h max assist
- Front light
- AXA Compact Line 35
- Rear light
- AXA Blueline
- M - 22.67 kg / 49.98 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
165.5 - 179.0 cm
5'5.2" - 5'10.5"
77.0 - 84.0 cm
30.3" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|