It's right for you if...
You're looking for a fast and stylish way to get from A to B. Anything is possible on L500, including daily commutes and weekend cruises. You value reliability and want a bike that's extremely low-maintenance, so you can take off on a ride at any time.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Aluminium frame, a Shimano Nexus 8-speed internal hub and a durable, quiet and extremely low-maintenance Gates belt drive system. It's also equipped with hydraulic disc brakes for all-weather stopping power, Tubeless Ready wheels, comfortable Satellite Elite lock-on grips, a Blendr stem for easy accessory integration, mudguards, a rack, lights and a U-lock.
The final word
The modern city commuter is fully equipped to take on daily rides to work or the shops, but its also great for spontaneous weekend cruises around town and riding just for the fun of it. It has reliability, versatility and value in one dependable package.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The Gates belt drive system is more durable than a standard chain, virtually maintenance-free and almost silent while you're riding
- This bike is exceedingly versatile, and capable of everything from leisurely cruises to weekend retreats
- When your bike is dependable, you can spend less time worrying and more time enjoying the ride
Smooth-running anti-flat tires
On bikes you can use anywhere, you shouldn’t need to worry about punctures when the terrain gets a little rough. Our bikes are equipped with high-quality tires with low rolling resistance that can withstand punctures.
Trek’s background may be sport, but we never lose sight of convenience with our city and trekking bikes. That’s why we equip these bikes with a suspension fork.
This reliable drive system requires little maintenance. The Shimano internal gear hub is located in the rear wheel and is operated using a twist grip lever.
Shimano Hub Dynamo with stand light
Shine bright and stay visible, even when you're not pedalling! With a Dynamo hub and stand light, your lights will stay on even when you've stopped moving.
Our goal is to optimize all points of contact between rider and bike. Ergonomic handles allow for less pressure on your palms, so you can take the long way home.
- Lightweight Alpha Aluminium for Belt
- Rigid Aluminium
- Front hub
- Shimano Alivio Dynamo hub
- Rear hub
- Shimano Nexus 8-speed
- Bontrager Tubeless Ready 36-hole
- Schwalbe Little Big Ben, 700x40 c, RaceGuard puncture protection
- Shimano Nexus Revo Shifter 8 speed
- Gates CDN for Belt
- 24T for Gates Belt
- Gates CDN Belt
- Bontrager Nebula
- Bontrager Satellite Elite Ergonomic
- Bontrager Blendr
- Brake set
- Shimano hydraulic disc brake
- Front light
- AXA Blueline 30
- Rear light
- AXA Blueline powered by a Dynamo hub with standlight
- M - 14.80 kg / 32.63 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
174.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
185.0 - 197.0 cm
6'0.8" - 6'5.6"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|