It's right for you if...
You're a value-minded rider testing the waters of road cycling, and want a drop-bar bike that's an upgrade in feel, speed, and efficiency over a flat-bar hybrid or mountain bike. Domane AL 2 is a great choice if you're new to the road and want a quality road bike you won't immediately outgrow.
The tech you get
The Shimano drivetrain has 16 speeds, with shifters that are integrated into the brake levers so your hands never have to leave the bars. The wide range of gears makes it easier to ride terrain that varies in elevation. The lightweight Alpha Aluminum frame has mounts for a rack and fenders and a carbon fork—a feature that's not typically available in road bikes at this price point.
The final word
Domane AL 2 is an ideal, comfort-first introduction to road riding. It's made for a great fit that's fast but not as aggressive as what you might see in the Tour de France. Plus, it's backed by our lifetime warranty.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It's a real road bike at a great value, and it gets you into the world of road cycling without a giant price tag
- It's built in Trek's performance heritage and backed by a lifetime warranty
- The stable Endurance Geometry delivers comfort and confidence
- The unique IsoSpeed Carbon fork, which swoops forward toward the dropouts, absorbs vibrations from the road so your arms won't fatigue as quickly
- DuoTrap S compatibility makes it easy to wirelessly track your rides, so you can set goals and watch yourself reach them
100 Series Alpha Aluminum
Trek's high-performance aluminum, with manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and weight savings.
As befits the world’s most advanced endurance racing bikes, we’ve developed the world’s most stable racing geometry. Still racy, but with a slightly higher head tube for better stability and greater comfort through the entire ride.
Performance. Stability. Victory. Trek endurance geometry is a triple threat, maximizing control, handling, and responsiveness through perfectly tuned rider weight bias.
Additional Tyre Clearance
The additional tyre clearance allows the Do mane to go where no road bike has gone before. Race, ride, explore.
It's a one-two punch: generous ride-tuned sweep and shape increases compliance for a smoother ride, and unique dropout placement optimizes the wheelbase.
Fender mounts allow for full-coverage fenders so you can ride comfortably in less-than-ideal conditions.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
- 100 Series Alpha Aluminum, DuoTrap S compatible, hidden fender mounts
- Domane carbon, hidden fender mounts
- Front hub
- Rear hub
- Bontrager Tubeless Ready
- Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x28c
- Max tire size
- 28c Bontrager tires (with at least 4mm of clearance to frame)
- Shimano Claris, 8 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Claris
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Claris
- Shimano RS-200, 50/34 (compact)
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed Cartridge
- Shimano HG31, 11-32, 8 speed
- Shimano HG71
- Wellgo nylon body w/alloy cage
- Bontrager Arvada Comp, steel rails
- Bontrager, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 8mm offset
- Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8mm
- Bontrager tape
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, w/computer & light mounts
- Head set
- Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8˝
- Brake set
- Alloy dual-pivot
- 56 - 10.01 kg / 22.06 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 275 pounds (125 kg).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
152.0 - 159.0 cm
4'11.8" - 5'2.6"
71.0 - 75.0 cm
28.0" - 29.5"
157.0 - 164.0 cm
5'1.8" - 5'4.6"
74.0 - 77.0 cm
29.1" - 30.3"
162.0 - 169.0 cm
5'3.8" - 5'6.5"
76.0 - 79.0 cm
29.9" - 31.1"
167.0 - 174.0 cm
5'5.7" - 5'8.5"
78.0 - 82.0 cm
30.7" - 32.3"
173.0 - 180.0 cm
5'8.1" - 5'10.9"
81.0 - 85.0 cm
31.9" - 33.5"
179.0 - 186.0 cm
5'10.5" - 6'1.2"
84.0 - 87.0 cm
33.1" - 34.3"
184.0 - 191.0 cm
6'0.4" - 6'3.2"
86.0 - 90.0 cm
33.9" - 35.4"
189.0 - 196.0 cm
6'2.4" - 6'5.2"
89.0 - 92.0 cm
35.0" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Saddle rail height minimum (w/short mast)||Saddle rail height maximum (w/tall mast)|