It's right for you if...
You're building up a custom trail bike to for true trail riding. You're cool with trying new lines, getting a little wild, and leaving the ground. You're looking for a ride you can throw around and keep in control, even when the trail gets rowdy.
The tech you get
A durable and lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame with Control Freak internal cable routing, Mino Link adjustable geometry, Straight Shot down tube and Knock Block integrated frame protection, 150mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RT3 shock with Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv damper, Bontrager Line stem, and integrated Knock Block headset. Built for 27.5˝ wheels.
The final word
A trustworthy trail frame that's easy to handle in the rough, and fully capable of ripping down big all-mountain trails. A quality shock, 150mm of travel, and a host of exclusive frame tech give you a head start on your dream trail bike build.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Ultra-capable frame and shock for confidence on rough trails
- RE:aktiv keeps the shock firm for efficient pedaling and pumping, and instantly soaks up bumps to keep you in control
- Mino Link lets you make small adjustments to your geometry quickly and easily, even mid-ride
- Wider is more stable: Remedy has clearance for up to 27.5x2.8˝ tires
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. Larger frames (M and up) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, down tube guard, ISCG 05, 150mm travel
- Max compatible fork travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230x57.5 mm
- Max tire size
- Max chainring size
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, Knock Block, 31.8mm clamp, 0 degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- M - 3.30 kg / 7.28 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local retailer.
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
165.5 - 179.0 cm
5'5.2" - 5'10.5"
77.0 - 84.0 cm
30.3" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|