It's right for you if...
You're looking for the kind of performance advantages that come only from the kind of enduro race bikes that rip it up on the World Tour. You want the swift, precise shifting of a wireless electronic drive train, and you like going fast, getting rowdy and railing corners all the way to the top step of the podium.
The tech you get
A stout OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, a 160 mm RockShox Lyrik Ultimate fork with plush DebonAir spring and Charger 2 RC2 damper that gives you more adjustment and control, and 150 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RT3 shock featuring Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper. Plus, a fully wireless SRAM X01 Eagle AXS 1x12 electronic drive train and RockShox Reverb AXS dropper post, powerful Shimano XT 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes, Bontrager Line Carbon 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for quick acceleration when you need it most and a Bontrager Line Pro OCLV carbon handlebar.
The final word
There's not a single part on this bike that wasn't made for ripping it up at insane speeds on the wildest enduro courses in the world. It has high-end everything, including a fully wireless drive train and dropper post. Slash 9.9 is fast, tough, fast, fun, fast. Did we mention that this bike is fast?
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The SRAM X01 Eagle AXS drive train is smart, smooth and completely wireless
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- It's equally at home between the tape and in the rugged wild – Yes, Slash is a race bike, but it's ridiculously fun on gnarly trail rides, too
- Mino Link lets you adjust the geometry, so you get both an enduro race bike and an ultra-capable trail bike in one
- Make it yours: it's fully customisable through Project One
How do you fit a 29" tyre without elongating the wheelbase? Elevate the drive-side chainstay up and out of the way.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
Internal derailleur routing
Sleek ports at the head tube and near the seat tube let you route your derailleur cables through the frame to keep your bike running smooth and clean.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame and stays, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, ISCG 05, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 150 mm travel
- RockShox Lyrik Ultimate, DebonAir spring, Charger 2 RC2 damper, tapered steerer, 42 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 160 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, DebonAir, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230x57.5 mm
- Bontrager Line Carbon 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager SE5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Core Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 60 tpi, 29x2.60" front, 29x2.40" rear
- SRAM Eagle AXS, wireless, 12-
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM X01 Eagle AXS
- SRAM X01 Eagle AXS Carbon, DUB, 32T alloy ring, Boost
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB, 92 mm, PressFit
- SRAM XG-1295 Eagle, 10-50, 12-speed
- SRAM XX1 Eagle, 12-speed
- Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails
- RockShox Reverb AXS, 170 mm travel, wireless, 31.6 mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line Pro, 35 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano XT M8120 4-piston hydraulic disc
- M - 13.58 kg / 29.93 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|