It's right for you if...
You don't want to ride trails, you want to fly across them – and you want a bike that can match you mile for mile through races and marathon singletrack sessions. You appreciate the performance advantage of carbon and want a super-light bike with race-level components and suspension.
The tech you get
An OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, a 1x12 SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain with an upgraded Truvativ Stylo carbon crank, wide carbon Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for fast engagement. You get 100 mm of front and rear suspension with a RockShox SID RL fork and FOX shock, plus a TwistLoc dual remote suspension lockout and a carbon bar and seatpost.
The final word
Light, fast and efficient. The carbon frame, carbon components and efficient XC suspension make Top Fuel 9.8 SL right for riders who want a rocket of a bike to tackle cross-country racing and marathons.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This bike wants to go fast – it's built with no-nonsense, high-performance parts designed for flat-out speed
- TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks for climbs and sprints with the simple Grip Shift-like motion
- Wider Kovee Elite 30 wheels provide better tyre support so you can run lower pressure and get more traction
- Make it yours: it's fully customisable through Project One
TwistLoc Dual Remote Lockout
TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks with a simple Grip Shift-like motion; and it leaves room for a dropper post lever.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone else's.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & seatstay, alloy chainstays, ABP, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, MicroTruss, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, PF92, Boost148 & G2 Geometry on 29ers, 100 mm travel
- RockShox SID RL, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, remote lockout, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset on 29ers, Boost110, 100 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float DPS, 2-position remote, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 6.5x1.5˝
- Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 Carbon, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear (15.5: 142x12 rear), tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Stylo Carbon Eagle Dub, 32T
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92 mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12-speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Elite, titanium rails
- Bontrager Pro, OCLV Carbon, 31.6 mm, 0 mm offset
- Bontrager Race X Lite, OCLV Carbon, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise
- Bontrager Pro, 31.8 mm, 7-degree
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano Deore XT M8000 hydraulic disc
- M - 11.07 kg / 24.4 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|