It's right for you if...
You're serious about your XC riding. When you're not racing for the podium, you're ripping singletrack and conquering big climbs on the daily. And when you ride, you ride far – so you want a quality spec and super-light carbon frame with IsoSpeed to take the edge off fatiguing terrain so you can stay stronger for longer.
The tech you get
A super-light SL OCLV Carbon frame with Control Freak internal cable routing and trail-smoothing IsoSpeed, a RockShox SID RL fork with an ultra-plush DebonAir spring, a SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain, Stylo Carbon Eagle crank, Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes, and Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 Tubeless Ready carbon wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for fast engagement and quick acceleration.
The final word
This bike wins races. It has the lightest XC frame we make, with parts chosen for their light weight and performance on singletrack. The Procaliber 9.8 SL is a worthy choice for XC riders set on breaking PRs and riding faster than anyone else in sight.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- You get advanced tech like carbon wheels and a carbon crank on a crazily light frame that weighs an astounding 1,050 grams, which means you're dragging less weight on the climbs when you're riding towards the podium
- Wider Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 rims provide more tyre support, so you can run lower pressures for more traction, confidence and speed
- The IsoSpeed decoupler makes it ride smoother than any other hardtail, so your body doesn't get beaten up by trail chatter
- Make it yours: customise your ride through Project One
Handlebar-mounted controls let you lock out your suspension on the fly as you switch terrains.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
MicroTruss housing guides are built directly into the frame, for the lightest, cleanest external cable routing.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone else's.
- Super Light OCLV Mountain Carbon, IsoSpeed, tapered head tube, MicroTruss, Control Freak internal routing, balanced post-mount brake, Boost148 and G2 Geometry on 29ers
- Front suspension
- RockShox SID RL, DebonAir, Motion Control damper, remote lockout, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset on 29ers, Boost110, 100 mm travel
- Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 Carbon, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear (15.5: 142x12 rear), tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Type 3 Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Stylo Carbon Eagle Dub, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- DUB PF92
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12-speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Elite, titanium rails
- Bontrager Pro, OCLV Carbon, 31.6 mm, 0 mm offset
- Bontrager Race X Lite, OCLV Carbon, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise
- ESI Chunky
- Bontrager Pro, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, Blendr compatible
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano Deore XT M8000 hydraulic disc
- 17.5˝ - 10.07 kg / 22.19 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|