It's right for you if...
You want the power and fun of an e-bike along with the comfort of a Townie featuring Electra's patented Flat Foot Technology®. The Townie Go! The 8D EQ is a solid choice for those who want to go further, faster and more fun on this easy-to-use ride.
The tech you get
The Townie Go! The 8D EQ features a quiet Bosch Active Line gen 3 250 W motor with a top assisted speed of 20 mph (25 km/h in Europe), and is complete with the Purion display. An 8-speed derailleur provides a nice range of gears while the mechanical front and rear disc brakes and balloon tyres allow for a smooth ride. Colour-matched mudguards keep you clean in all weather conditions while front and rear lights keep you safe.
The final word
The Townie Go! The 8D EQ is the perfect ride to get you around town in style. Run errands. Commute to work. Go to the shops. With four modes of support from Eco to Turbo, there’s no wrong way to ride this pedal-assist e-bike.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The best-selling Townie paired with the legendary performance of Bosch motors delivers more smiles per mile.
- Ready? Steady? Go! The PowerPack 300 battery and 2 AMP charger allows for quick and easy charging.
- Bosch's Active Line motor is super quiet and provides the perfect amount of assistance.
- 26" balloon tyres provide an amazing, cushioned ride.
- Colour-matched mudguards keep you clean. while front and rear LED lighting keep you safe.
Flat Foot Technology®
Flat Foot Technology® has been awarded not one, but two patents. Yeah, kind of a big deal. You really need to ride an Electra to feel it, but the overall benefit is comfort and control. It provides an upright, relaxed seating position with proper leg extension that allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want or need to.
Bosch Active Line Plus
Quiet. Smooth. Reliable. The Bosch Active Line Plus 250-watt motor gives you the confidence to charge up hills and go the distance while reaching assisted speeds up to 20 mph (25 km/h). Four power levels from Eco to Turbo ensure you'll have a blast riding around town or to the next town over.
Bosch Purion Display
Do it all with the touch of a button, or two. The Bosch Purion display keeps tabs on your speed and battery charge, and lets you choose your power support level from Eco to Turbo while keeping your hands safely on the handlebars.
Derailleur Gear System
Derailleur or "D" refers to an external shifting mechanism. It consists of a chain, multiple precision sprockets and a derailleur to "derail" the chain from one sprocket to another. It allows for quick transitions and more gearing options. Just remember to pedal while shifting and you're good to go!
Mechanical Disc Brakes
Disc brakes have superior stopping power. Controlled by a hand lever and cable, the brake pad gives a big, tight hug to the steel rotor located at the wheel's hub.
Balance and efficiency are the name of the game. That's why we placed the motor on the bottom bracket in between the pedals, providing ultimate stability and control with a lower center of gravity while riding.
- 6061-T6 aluminium w/patented Flat Foot Technology®
- Hi-ten steel unicrown, straight/tapered leg
- Front hub
- Alloy low-flange w/6-bolt disc, 36h
- Rear hub
- Alloy low-flange w/6-bolt disc 36h
- Anodised alloy 26"×36h
- 26x2.35" balloon
- Shimano Acera Rapid Fire Plus
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Acera 8-speed
- Forged alloy 170 mm, Bosch type, 38t FSA chainring
- Sram PG-820 11-32 8-speed
- KMC X8.99 nickel plated
- Resin platform w/non-slip rubber tread
- Ergonomic w/shock-absorbing elastomers
- Alloy straight post 27.2x350mm
- Alloy custom bend 25.9" width/4" rise
- Electra hand-stitched leatherette
- Forged alloy 25.4 mm quill, 80 mm extension
- Head set
- 1 1/8" steel threaded/semi-integrated
- Brake set
- Front/rear: Tektro mechanical disc brakes
- Rotor size
- Front: 180 mm, rear: 160 mm:
- Bosch PowerPack 300, includes a 2 AMP charger
- Bosch Purion
- Bosch Active Line, 250 watts
- Front light
- Spanninga LED
- Rear light
- Spanninga LED
- Reflective battery decal, ring lock mounts, painted chain guard, internal cable routing, and stainless steel and anti-rust hardware
- 22.5 kg / 49.5 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & Tech
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
149.9 - 185.4 cm
4'11.0" - 6'1.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|